GBTC shares jump 10% in twelve days, narrowing discount to 40% James Van Straten · 34 mins ago
- The discount for GBTC is currently a whopping 40%, following a fall as low as 50%, which was the most significant discount on record.
- GBTC trades at a premium when shares are changing hands at a higher price than the underlying BTC.
- Conversely, if GBTC shares are trading below the net asset value (NAV), GBTC is deemed at a discount.
- The current 40% discount would price Bitcoin at $12,794
- For more information on the GBTC premium trade, see our latest market report
Disclaimer: Our writers’ opinions are solely their own and do not reflect the opinion of CryptoSlate. None of the information you read on CryptoSlate should be taken as investment advice, nor does CryptoSlate endorse any project that may be mentioned or linked to in this article. Buying and trading cryptocurrencies should be considered a high-risk activity. Please do your own due diligence before taking any action related to content within this article. Finally, CryptoSlate takes no responsibility should you lose money trading cryptocurrencies.